capturing the beauty of your family
I love connecting with people and natural environments…especially when I get to embrace their beauty with my camera.
Photography started as a hobby to document our family journey. I have always loved curating beautiful moments as they unfold. Family photography is a way to document our lives and capture memories so that they can be treasured for generations to come.
IT'S MY SINCEREST HOPE THAT MY CLIENTS WALK AWAY WITH A FULL HEART, BEAUTIFUL IMAGES, AND A NEW FRIEND.
My family photos are focused on capturing the connection within your family in a natural and rustic environment. While I do provide some guidance in terms of posing (after all, few of us are professional models), I prefer to keep my style casual and comfortable.
Photos Should be Fun!
I love humour and have spent a lot of time around children! I was a teacher for 16 years and don’t mind getting silly to elicit smiles!
It is so important to me that the whole family feels welcome and comfortable during your photo shoot.
Photos at the Farm
Welcoming people to our farm is always a joy for me. Having your photos taken with Willow Creek Photography is not just for the photos…it is an experience.
Children (and adults too!) enjoy seeing the animals, including our cat named Mouse (who likes to be in the photos sometimes!), sheep, ducks, geese, chickens, turkeys, and even peacocks!
To find out more about our farm, click here.
What to Wear?
Selecting complementary outfits allows each person to showcase their individual style while keeping a unified look. More than anything else, outfits that compliment each other are based on a colour palette. Get inspired by taking a look at the colour palettes on my Pinterest Board.
In addition, here are some general guidelines for attire:
- Dress comfortably for a rustic environment
- Avoid logos and choose classic over trendy styles
- Prioritize solid colours but add pops of colour and pattern
- Choose traditional patterns that aren’t too busy
- Wear fitted clothing with flattering necklines
- Avoid sheer fabrics
- Bring alternate glasses if yours have auto-tinting lenses
- Aim for variations on a theme rather than everyone matching (see my Pinterest Board for inspiration)
What People Have to Say about Willow Creek Photography
That was fast! The photos are lovely - thank you for capturing my kids’ spirits!
A Bit About Your Photographer - Julie Walter
- I’M OBSESSED WITH: Learning
- MY FAVOURITE SEASON IS: Fall
- MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER TRAIT: Integrity
- MY DEGREES: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Art and a Bachelor of Education
- OTHER JOBS I’VE HAD: Librarian, teacher & selling wedding dresses
- NOTHING MAKES ME HAPPIER THAN: Hearing my children laugh
- MOST LIKELY READING: Audiobooks about parenting or education
- SECRET TALENT: I can organize anything!